Wee Rescue Adoption Process & Fees
Wee Rescue dogs come to us from a variety of circumstances, but they have one thing in common: they are all looking for a forever home. If you are interested in adopting, please follow our application process. Our policy is to adopt our dogs to homes in the Austin metro area and nearby communities because we must conduct home visits to complete the adoption process. Contact us if you are outside the Austin metro area to see if it is possible to do a home visit.
We have a 3-step adoption process.
- Please fill out the Adoption Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org (MS Word option available here).
- We will reach out and schedule an in-person interview with a Wee Rescue volunteer at a Meet & Greet so we can learn more about you and what kind of dog you are searching for.
- Upon approval of your application, a volunteer will visit your home to complete the process.
When your match is approved, the adoption contract is signed a non-refundable adoption fee is due.
Adoption fees are as follows:
- Dogs up to 8 years of age $350*
- Dogs above 8 years of age $250*
- Two dogs adopted together 25% off both adoption fees
All fees go to cover the cost of medical services, medication, micro-chipping, spaying/neutering, food and supplies for Wee Rescue dogs.
When several parties are interested in the same dog, we make every effort to find the best match for the dog. There may be times when the dog that you desire may not be the right match for you and your family. We base our placement decisions on dogs' specific needs.
Completing an application does not insure approval for adoption from our organization. Wee Rescue reserves the right to refuse adoption to anyone who we believe will not provide an appropriate environment a rescue animal.
*$10 service charge if you pay by credit card